Tuesday 21 May 2013

What's 'All the Stars' about?

'All the Stars' EP by LJ Ayrten

Now that I'm working on the next EP I wanted to write a little on the background of 'All the Stars' and how the songs were born...

Without You

I love this song. But it's sad. I wrote it about the immediate moments after a guy I was very much in love with and had been engaged to, walked out on me. I wanted to capture that feeling of shock and fear but in a soft way, not from an angry place.

Whole Heart

The very first seed of this song was planted after hearing Taylor Swift's 'Begin Again'. It got me thinking about past and present relationships.

All the Stars

The first two lines of this song just fell into my head while walking down the street. It's about the type of person I am and having someone to keep me steady.


I hope they help, encourage and entertain :)

LJ Ayrten xx





0 comments:

Post a Comment